What is MCT oil?
MCT oil is very popular among athletes and dietitians due to its different uses and characteristics.
In this article we will explain what the MCT is and what oils we have in store.
1 CONTROL THE APPETITE
If you are dieting this oil can be very useful because its fat molecules are high in calories. These good fats eliminate cravings and they give a feeling of satiety, thus avoiding the accumulation of body fat and the strengthening of the immune system, as well as its anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
However, it is important to keep in mind that these healthy fats do not guarantee the well-being of the organism by itself, but must be accompanied by a good diet.
For dietary use it is used by people whose bodies cannot digest certain foods properly. This includes people who are lactose or gluten intolerant, or who have unwanted weight loss or need an increase in calories for other medical reasons. MCT does not contain protein or carbohydrates.
2 BURN FAT
Liquid MCT Oilcomposed offatty acids naturally produced, such as capric and caprylic acid.
It is a high calorie source but does not cause weight gain, because the body generates more energy and this makes the metabolism speed up.
3 PROVIDES ENERGY TO THE BODY
This is why athletes have been consuming it for years, because helps improve your body composition by burning fat and promoting muscle development. They are also credited with improving care, aiding weight loss, boosting the immune system, and fighting bacterial, fungal, and viral infections.
If you wonder what the exact difference is from coconut oil, it is in the amount of medium-chain fatty acids they have. Because while coconut oil is 60% composed of them, MCT is 100%. It also has no flavor, and although some are marketed flavored, they do not have the characteristic taste of coconut oil at all.
It can be added to any smoothie or drink ingested at that time of day to enjoy an extra contribution of energy. It is also used as a condiment in salads or to bind sauces, and can be cooked with it but always below 160º.
4 REDUCE LACTATE IN ATHLETES
During exercise, increasing lactate level can negatively affect performance and curiously MCTs can help reduce lactate buildup.
Source: GOOGLE AND HERBOMERCADO
One study found that athletes who took 6 grams of MCT with food before cycling had lower lactate levels and found it easier to exercise than those who did not. Additionally, the study found that taking oil before exercise can help you use more fat instead of carbohydrates for energy.
Research showed that it could improve swimming ability in mice, but another study in people found no improvement in endurance performance in runners, so there is no exact evidence for this.
5 REDUCE THE RISK OF HEART DISEASE
Heart disease is a growing problem. Some factors that increase your risk include high cholesterol, blood pressure, being overweight, and smoking. This kind of oil has been shown to help with fat loss. This, in turn, can reduce the risk of heart disease.
A study in 24 overweight men found that combining MCT oil with phytosterols and flaxseed oil for 29 days reduced total cholesterol by 12,5%. However, when olive oil was used, the reduction was only 4,7%.
El MCT oil can also increase HDL production, a heart protector also known as good cholesterol. It can even significantly reduce C-reactive protein (PCR), an inflammatory marker that increases the risk of heart disease.
6 MONITOR THE BLOOD SUGAR LEVEL
Most people with type 2 diabetes are overweight or obese, making diabetes more difficult to control. However, it has been shown that MCT reduces fat accumulation and stimulate calorie burning.
A small Chinese study of 40 people with diabetes found that those who consumed MCT oil daily significantly reduced body weight, waist circumference, and Insulin Resistance. Another study found that when 10 people with diabetes were injected with insulin, they needed 30% less sugar to maintain normal levels when consuming MCT. However, the same study found no effect in lowering fasting blood sugar levels.
- Do not exceed 4-7 tablespoons (60-100 ml) per day for gastrointestinal tolerance (may cause excessive vomiting)
- Drug interactions have not been described
- Some sources advise against taking MCT in patients with type 1 diabetes. However, one study (Page, Williamson et al.) Concluded that medium-chain triglycerides improve cognition without affecting the adrenergic or symptomatic responses to hypoglycemia in diabetic people with diabetes. Type 1. Thus, medium chain triglycerides have the advantage of preserving brain function under hypoglycemic conditions without causing harmful hyperglycemia (consult your doctor).
DEMONSTRATED EFFECTS / BENEFITS
- A study revealed that capric, caprylic, and caproic acids exerted anti-cancer activity in cultured human cells of skin, breast, and colorectal cancer. The study concluded that these acids were potential treatments for these diseases and tools for their prevention.* MCTs can help lose weight IF THEY REPLACE long-chain fatty acids (present in olive oils for example) since they provide fewer calories, reduce appetite, store less in the body in the form of fat and increase capacity of the body to burn fat.
- In a systematic review and meta-analysis of 13 randomized controlled studies in healthy adults, it was concluded that, compared to long-chain triglycerides, MCTs reduced weight, waist and hip circumference, total body fat, fat total subcutaneous and visceral fat. The lipid levels in the serum did not show significant differences.
- In one study, researchers found that caprylic acid reduced symptoms associated with Candida and Chlamydia infection. And he suggested taking caprylic acid and omega 3 fatty acids from fish oil as a treatment.
- Prevents gastroesophageal reflux (improves cholesterol metabolism and bile secretion)
People with ...
- Gastrointestinal disorders (unique digestion, absorption and oxidation characteristics)
- Pancreatic insufficiency or bile
- Steatorrhea (caused by malabsorption disorders such as pancreatic insufficiency, gastrectomy, and bowel resection thin).
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Neurological disorders
- In some patients of Alzheimer taking MCT has shown some benefits in memory.
- Because of its ease of moving to lymphatic system They can be useful as fat sources in patients with loss of kilos.
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR:
People who have suffered ...
- Cirrhosis or other liver disease
high blood pressure inside the liver
- complications of the brain or nervous system caused by severe liver damage
- if you have had a "portocava shunt" in your body
- ALLERGIES Contains coconut (efectyou allergy; welts difficulty breathing; swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat)
CONSERVATION: Keep it at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
Source: GOOGLE Y HERBMARKET